flag image
Beline Obeid

Letters to the Editor

arrow Back

Carbon monoxide alarms


To the Editor:

On April 30, around 4 a.m., both of my carbon monoxide (CO) alarms went off, alerting my wife and I and our four young children.

I called the Grosse Pointe Woods Police Department and told them we had a major problem. They responded immediately, bringing a carbon monoxide tester, that indicated the CO level inside my house was extremely high and we were in danger.

The police evacuated us first and then called the gas company. The gas company found the problem in the furnace and told us that the level of CO in our house was so bad that by 6 a.m., when we normally would have been up and waking the children for school, we would have been dead.

This disaster was avoided because we had carbon monoxide alarms in my house and because of the quick response of the Grosse Pointe Woods Department of Public Safety.

I owe my heartfelt thank you to everyone who had a hand in this incident, especially the police who determined quickly that my house was unsafe and moved my family to safer grounds.

Daniel F. Curis

Grosse Pointe Woods

Daniel F. Curis
May 16, 2002

Fresh Farms-1
Family Center Ask the Experts 3
Holiday Sub Special
Letter Search
spacer
December
arrow
S M T W T F S
123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
Site Search


Ahee
Ed Rinke Right