June 12, 2008
Thursday, June 12
* The Russ Miller Quintet featuring vocalist Jeannine Miller will perform at the Music on The Plaza concert series at 7 p.m. For more information, call (313) 886-7474 or visit thevillagegp.com.
Friday, June 13
* An open house to help form a local Gilda's Club begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Victorian House, 26717 Little Mack, St. Clair Shores. At 7:30 p.m., a brief program featuring Michael Radner, Gilda Radner's brother, begins. Preregistration may be made by calling (313) 574-4233 or by going online at gildasclubdetroiteast.org.
Saturday, June 14
* Tours of the beginning of a Gilda's Club will be from noon to 4 p.m. at the Victorian House, 26717 Little Mack, St. Clair Shores.
* The Grosse Pointe Historical Society hosts an ice cream social from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Provencal-Weir House, 376 Kercheval, Grosse Pointe Farms. Rosetta Pebble will provide the music from 1 to 3 p.m. The house will be open for free tours from 1 to 4 p.m. For more information or for a reservation, call (313) 884-7010.
* Volunteers are needed to help clean debris from the I-94 ramps in St. Clair Shores. Cleaning begins at 10 a.m. and is hosted by the St. Clair Shores Waterfront Advisory Committee. New members to the cleaning crew will watch a 10 minute safety video before beginning. To volunteer, call Erin Stahl at (586) 774-8181.
* The Blue Lake International Exchange Program, Northern Winds Band, performs at 2:30 p.m. at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial. Admission is free and donations are appreciated.
Sunday, June 15
* EyesOn Design will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House as a benefit for the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology. For ticket information, call (313) 824-4710.
* Children can take their fathers to a baby animal day and petting zoo from noon to 3 p.m. on the front lawn of the Grosse Pointe War Memorial, 32 Lakeshore. Admission is $3 and free for children 1 and under. The event takes place rain or shine. If it rains, the event will be moved into the ballroom. Tickets are only sold at the door. Ice cream and beverages will be available for purchase. Parking is free.
Monday, June 16
* The City of Grosse Pointe council meets at 7 p.m. in council chambers, 17147 Maumee.
* The City of Grosse Pointe council meets at 7:30 p.m. in council chambers, 20025 Mack Plaza.
* Wayne County Commissioner Tim Killeen, D-Detroit, hosts a Chat with the Commish from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Grosse Pointe Park City Hall, 15115 E. Jefferson.
Tuesday, June 17
* The Village of Grosse Pointe Shores council meets at 7 p.m. in council chambers, 795 Lakeshore.
* Grosse Pointe Township board meets at 8 a.m. in the township hall, 795 Lakeshore.
Wednesday, June 18
* St. Joan of Arc Catholic School, 22415 Overlake, St. Clair Shores, will have an alumni association open membership meeting at 7 p.m. All alumni from the graduating classes of 1948 to 2008 may attend.
Thursday, June 19
* Assumption Church camp children host a soup and bread lunch with a take home ceramic bowl decorated by children from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 21800 Marter, St. Clair Shores. Proceeds will go to Gleaners Community Food Bank and the International Orthodox Christian charities. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children. To purchase tickets, call (586) 779-6111, ext. 3.